UMass Boston On-Air Credits
WUMB Radio airs over 25 announcements each week with the purpose of enhancing the image of the university. In these announcements, we add one of about ten image statements to the end of an affiliation tag line. Each statement rotates throughout the week. The image statements change quarterly.
"You're listening to WUMB-FM, a community service of the University of Massachusetts Boston...",
- "...with over 500 distinguished faculty including Paul Tucker, coordinator of the Monet exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts."
- "...with twelve institutes, actively involved in professional public service and community outreach in areas including gerontology, labor studies and environmental concerns."
- "...with a library which houses more than 500,000 volumes and 3,500 journals."
- "...with a Fitness Center equipped with cardiovascular and weight machines, racquetball and squash courts and an aerobics room."
- "...which presents The Forum for the 21st Century, a public debate and discourse about social and economic issues in Boston."
- "...with summer programs in China, Ireland and Mexico."
- "...with five colleges offering more than 90 undergraduate and graduate programs."
- "...the only college in the Northeast to share its campus with a presidential library."
- "...which provides leadership instruction for teachers through the Lucretia Teachers Academy."
- "...which engages more than 6,000 students and teachers annually in an innovative approach to science through the Harbor Explorations program."
Return to U:S Alliance home page